At APICS 2022, we strive to strike a balance between maintaining the strictest hygiene practices while being mindful of our impact on the environment. Our aim is to ensure a safe and comfortable symposium experience for everyone.
Some of the things we do:
- Our symposium venue at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre and partner hotel, Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay Hotel are conveniently located in Central Singapore. We are also well connected to all parts of the island by an efficient public transport network.
- Our partner airlines Singapore Airlines offers carbon emission offsets through their Carbon Offset Programme.
- Our symposium venue Suntec Singapore is designed to be sustainable and environmentally friendly with intelligent system designs for energy and water conservation, use of digital signages to reduce physical waste. The LED lights are 80% more energy efficient than traditional halogen lights, translating to 1.46kWh of energy savings annually.
- Our catering service by Suntec Singapore minimizes food waste by operating on a per-need basis to match serving pace to actual consumption. Food waste is scrupulously collected, separated and recycled, such as recycling of cooking oil into biodiesel fuel.
- Our partner hotel, Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay Hotel is the Singapore’s first “Garden-in-a-Hotel” that is replete with sustainability initiatives through the following touchpoints:
- Bathroom amenities are made from environmental-friendly biodegradable materials.
- The in-room water filtration system in all guestrooms and banquet space obviates the need for single-use plastic water bottles.
- Presence of motion sensors that enable intelligent temperature control and efficient use of energy.
- 210 solar panels installed on the roof provide around 350 kWh daily of clean renewable energy to power all the hotel lifts and emergency lighting.
- An urban farm on the fourth level houses over 60 varieties of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers caters to its farm-to-table concept.
- Food waste such as vegetables, poultry, bones, eggshells, and fruit peel are broken down by energy-efficient food waste digesters using active enzymes into liquid safe for disposal into the public waste pipe and able to process nearly one tonne of food waste in 24 hours.
- We will not be providing a printed symposium booklet and will minimize printed materials. The full symposium programme can be found on our website.
- We reuse our symposium lanyards.
- We encourage our sponsors and exhibitors to minimize printed materials, single-use items, and plastic waste.
What you can do:
- We can’t wait to meet everyone in person again. If you are flying on Singapore Airlines, our official partner airline, consider offsetting your carbon emissions with Singapore Airlines Group Carbon Offset Programme. This will be matched by Singapore Airlines, hence doubling your impact in reducing emissions. For more information, click here.
- Take public transport or car-pool. The Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) is Singapore’s primary and most convenient mode of railway transportation. For the MRT rail map, click here.
- Consider the use of washable face masks or use the one provided by us!
- Bring your own refillable water bottles.
- A limited quantity of pens and papers will be provided. Take what you need and minimise wastage.
- At the end of APICS 2022, return your lanyard and badge in the reuse boxes provided at the exits.